Uses of Rocks
From My Class Wiki
Here are uses of igneous rocks:
- Granite is a popular rock. It is sometimes used for floors, tables, and kitchen counter tops.
- Copper, a famous ore, is also popular for its copper pipes and copper pots. Heat can flow through copper easily.
Here are some uses of sedimentary rocks:
- Limestone can be used for buildings or building frames.
- Sandstone can also be used for buildings or decorations, such as statues.
Here are some uses of metamorphic rocks:
- Lots of metamorphic rocks can be seen on buildings.
- Slate was used on roofs for houses and buildings. It was also used for school chalk boards.
[Emily January 30, 2009]